Sunday, June 21, 2009

scouting

While I was out of town this weekend, I saw this:





These are not the best pictures, I know. I took them out the car window in a hurry as we drove by. This is an abandoned mental/children's hospital, and it is state-owned, so I couldn't get close to it at all. I am dying to get inside though. I would love love love to photograph the inside of it as a continuation of my Abandon Series. It's not a particularly conceptual body of work, but it's beautiful. And I feel the need to make beautiful art all of the time. There is something so attractive about abandoned places to me. They have such a quiet, secretive beauty that I find irresistable. Anyway, I'm going to find a way to get in to these buildings, and when I do you better look out for some gorgeous images! I hear it's haunted, so it's going to be a fun shoot.


No comments:

Post a Comment