Sunday, June 14, 2009

the quilt

Henry got a gift so thoughtful and beautiful at his party that it deserved its very own post. Of course, it helps that the gift was more for me than for him. I was so excited to open one of his presents and find a quilt made from onesies that he wore when he was 0-6 months old. And not just any onesies, but the ones we tie-dyed at my baby shower in Richmond. I was so excited to unwrap it!!! It was Kat's idea to dye the onesies, and then after Henry was born he wore them until he outgrew them. I didn't have room to keep them even though I wanted to, so I gave them to Stacy for her baby boy, Ryker, to wear. Instead of getting rid of them when he outgrew them, she mailed them all to her mother in Arizona, who custom made this quilt for us. On the front it has patches of the onesies surrounded by supersoft fleece, and on the back it has a full onesie with Henry's name embroidered on it. The border is made from a rainbow satin, and it's perfect with the tie-dye colors. I love love love it! It is so special because all of my friends in Richmond made a part of it, and then Henry wore it as a newborn, and now it will keep him warm as he gets older. I will keep it forever. This was such a thoughtful gift, I almost wanted to cry when I unwrapped it and saw it for the first time. Thank you so much Stacy!!!

Patches on the front:


Monogram on the back:



Here it is hanging up behind the rest of his birthday presents:

Isn't it precious?

No comments:

Post a Comment