Saturday, June 13, 2009

first birthday

This post has a ton of pictures, but I can't help it. Yesterday was Henry's big first birthday party. We had a smaller party in Richmond so that my friends there could celebrate with him, but the party yesterday was "official" with grandparents and everything. Anyway, the party was a lot of fun. We had it in the park so the kids could play on the swings and in the grass, and I think everyone enjoyed themselves. I tried to keep it simple, but may have gone overboard in some ways (wait till you see the photos of the cake!) We had ham biscuits, fruit, cupcakes, and a monkey train cake for Henry. The kids all got bubbles, a monkey party hat, and animal crackers. Check out some of my favorite pictures:

The birthday boy having lots of fun swinging with Grandpa:




Presents waiting to be opened:

The monkey train(!):



Me trying to blow bubbles but I couldn't. How do little kids do it?

Henry and cousin Carr say hello:

Henry saying hello to his great-grandfather, my Mandaddy:

Opening gifts. Henry gave each child there something to open too, so they all gathered around and we unwrapped gifts together:


Destroying the train:


Mom and I had to strip him down to get all the cake off:

Afterwards, he slept for two hours.

And finally, this picture cracks me up. It totally looks like a paparazzi shot of some sordid affair. "Artist Marion Glass and her uncle were spotted in Peaks View Park with their two kids. . ." Really, it is me and my uncle, Chip. I'm carrying Henry, Carr is running in front of us, and we're not holding hands. It just looks like it. I think there were at least three feet between us. This just goes to show that there is no such thing as "photographic truth." Don't believe anything you see in the tabloids!!! I hope you find this as amusing as I do, Ivonne.

1 comment:

  1. Ha-ha, the paparazzi photo is awesome!Look at my child, he looks so big, it takes my breath away.

    ReplyDelete