Saturday, September 18, 2010

autumn already?

Within the last couple of weeks, the Virginia weather has mellowed out and turned entirely pleasant. I've noticed little tinges of color in the leaves, and the smell of fall in the air. This time of year is bittersweet for me - I love the mildness of the temperatures and lack of humidity (both of which mean a return to enjoyable outdoor activities), but I hate that autumn is followed by winter. I dread the cold (which could explain my knitting addiction!) ...

While ignoring the unpleasant thought of winter creeping up on us in a few short months, Henry and I have thoroughly enjoyed spending time outside together with our friends recently. Picnics in the park, a trip to Morris Orchard for apple picking, and countless hours at the playground have filled our afternoons and weekends lately. I wish the only seasons were spring and fall so that we could enjoy these temperatures year round. A move to a better climate may need to be in our future...






No comments:

Post a Comment