Sunday, December 21, 2008

pseudopregnancy

Pseudopregnancy was the title for my final project in my conceptual photography class this past semester. I was curious to see how people that had never been pregnant before would feel about walking around in pregnant bellies. It was a very personal project, as I was recently pregnant myself and I felt overly self-conscious the entire nine months. I photographed my subjects in public spaces, and had them write a brief paragraph about their experience afterwards.


These are some photographs that my mom and I took of my finished piece - and me posing with it. It is currently hanging in the student lounge at VCU's photo building. I am very happy with the outcome of this project, and I can't wait to put the images up on my official website.







No comments:

Post a Comment