Wednesday, January 11, 2012

henry's painting

Last week I decided that Henry needed to create a large painting for an empty frame that had been leaning against the wall for months, so I bought some 20x24 canvas boards and mixed colors with watered-down acrylic paints for him. Art circle is his favorite time at preschool, and his crayons and paint markers are always out on the table in his room. When I told him he could make a big painting that we would frame for the apartment, he was incredibly excited.

The painting took a few days and was so much fun to make. I tried giving him advice (which he didn't want or really need, apparently), but the painting was all done by him. I think it's amazing, and now it lives at the top of our stairs right when you walk in the door. Check it out:







1 comment:

  1. Saw this on FB---it looks great! It's hard to not offer advice/suggestions to your children. Sunshine knows what she likes & doesn't and has for a very.long.time. I've had to learn to bite my tongue when it comes to certain things.

    ReplyDelete