Friday, January 21, 2011

my kitty girl






For my eighteenth birthday, my boyfriend at the time gave me a beautiful white kitten named Anubis (or Nubie). It was my freshman year at VCU, and I was missing the family cat that I had to leave behind, so I was thankful for Nubie's company. She was totally crazy and fuzzy, and I loved her.

Last weekend, Anubis escaped from my parents' home, which is located on a very busy street. I was worried, and after almost a week I was starting to think that she would never come home. Today, I woke up to a text message from my mom that said "Nubie is HOME!" I was so unbelievably excited, and I rushed to see her. The poor kitty was still shivering, grey with dirt, covered in scrapes, and looked a little skinnier than before. Needless to say, I don't think she enjoyed her time outside. She is way too much of a princess to endure the cold.

She has now been bathed, fed, cuddled, and showered with affection. I hope that she never has the urge to explore the "wild" again, because I will miss her way too much.

No comments:

Post a Comment