Sunday, November 15, 2009

random post

I feel like I am always too busy to post anything other than the occasional Etsy screen shot on my personal blog these days. It's sad; I remember a time when I used to post an update about Henry at least once a week. Those days are gone until I graduate, I suppose (although I'm sure I will post a lot over Winter break, which is coming up soon.) Anyway, I just had a few random pictures I wanted to post, so here they are. I will explain as I go.

Henry and I had a photo shoot for my Senior Portfolio project this morning. At the end, he was feeling a little pouty and I got some close-ups of him, just for fun.

I'm working on another glass project for my lampworking class, and it's due on Monday. I felt totally uninspired for this critique, and I needed to make something I could do relatively quickly. I made these "gestural" flowers on Tuesday afternoon, and I think they kind of look like sea urchins. I was experimenting with them earlier today, and I think I am going to plant them in some kind of overgrown and broken terrarium, but the one in the picture below is completely unfinished. I have 5 flowers all together, and I need to try to go in before critique and work on the stems before I can officially plant them.

This is one of my new prized possessions: a glass figure made by my instructor, Emilio Santini. He is considered a master of glass making, and I will miss him when the class is over.

Anyway, this was just random. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment