Monday, July 20, 2009

the living room gets a face lift

After living in the same apartment for three years, we finally got around to updating the living room. The walls were antique white when we moved in, the futon had a red slipcover, and the other color in the room was black. Black furniture, black rug, black curtain, bleh. I have had enough. Last week, Mom helped me paint the walls a warm brown, brought in new curtains, new rugs, new pillows in bright colors (orange, green, pink, turquoise), and - the best part - it's baby-proof!!! Henry has his own play space, and is free to roam the entire room. Unfortunately, we didn't get any exciting new furniture. We're still using all of Ricky's hand me downs from Grandpa Bill, and my few thrifted pieces from Goodwill. It may not be the most impressive display of interior design, but to me, it's amazing. Check it out:


Our Coors Cowboy has a new place of honor:

Henry's side of the room, complete with faux-fur zebra rug covered foam tiles (a kitty-obsessed toddler's dream):

The faithful futon and papasan have seen us through college:

My beautiful boy, loving on the rug he affectionately calls "kitt-y":

No comments:

Post a Comment